Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rampage Home Opener



























The Grand Rapids Rampage had its home opener this past Thursday and what a exciting game. We played host to the Las Vegas Gladiators. This was my first time shooting arena football at the Van Andel and it was actually better than what I thought it was gonna be. Since most games are televised the overall lighting was consistant and I could keep my shutter at 250 or better at times with iso around 800.

Pictured aboveis Blitz he's the Team Mascot and was pretty cool about going into the stands and hanging out with kids getting photos. I give him credit those kids beat on him like a pinata and after the game he signed autographs too.



During the first quarter I noticed that some my shots had dark faces due to the players running with there heads down. To help eliminate this I pulled out my flash, clamps, PW and found a good place to mount it. It was mounted almost centered in the endzone at about 1/64 power to bring in some fill. It worked ok but will need to do some more testing in the next couple of games to get it down right.


























During the 4th quarter I got kind of bored hanging out behind the corner boards so first time out I got, I decided to jump over on to the field and head out and up to the 2nd level. It was actually good timing since about 5 mins after I got up there GR thew a nice pass and I was able to get this photo of the reciever wide open and scoring a touchdown.

Although it was a great game the Gladiators won 79-69.

This is favorite photo from the game, this was taken during the player intros, he was looking at the starters come on to the field when the flames lit up, thats when I snaped my photo.

No comments: