Monday, March 5, 2007

Let there be light

On Saturday I decided to bring in the strobes for our last home basketball game, since it was on Saturday instead of the usual Friday night game I had more time to pack and get everything there. I myself try to shoot with light any chance I can since they creates a better overall image.

My set up for the night was 2 Britek BB-200’s. They were mounted on the 2nd level bar with bogen clamps to the left and right of the basket tilted inwards towards the center court. I had both lights at ¼ power, which gave me all the recycle time I needed to shoot close to 4fps.

Using a Canon 1dmk2 with a 70-200mm 2.8, I was dialed in at 250 shutter @ f4 at iso 640 in manual mode. Where normal conditions are usually 200 @ f2.8, iso 1200/1600.


I pretty much camped out on the baseline both on the right side and left side of the basket. The first photo on the left is pretty much in the sweet spot for lighting on the court. He was mid way of the ½ court driving to the basket from my left side. The second shot shows the placement of the 2 strobes.

Equipment used:

Canon 1dmk2 w/ 70-200mm 2.8
2x Britek BB-200’s @ ¼ Power
Pocket Wizards for triggering strobes
Bogen Magic Arm Clamps

No comments: