Thursday, March 1, 2007

Shooting Tiger....

So this past year I decided to bring my two older boys down to the Buick Open to watch Tiger in action, it also gave me the chance to shoot some pro golf.

First a couple of things, DO NOT SHOOT on the BACKSWING, otherwise your camera might end up in the pond or you could serious hurt someone :) .

Second if you have long lenses use them, I pretty much used a 300mm the entire time and sometimes with the 2x, my 70-200 was pretty much useless and will stay in the truck next time we go.

I have alot of friends ask how did you get to shoot the pros, all I say is Pro-AM, this is the round of golf before the actual tournament starts where Pros and Amatuers pair up hence the word PRO-AM , at this event cameras are allowed and since crowds are small if makes it much easier to move around and get some great shots.



Just a warning if you do decide to head down to one of the PRO-AM tournaments this is Steve, Tigers Caddie the one responsible for this.
From what I seen hes a pretty nice guy, was even gonna give my boy his autography until Tiger walked up and asked for his clubs. But he than told my boy he was sorry and he had to go back to work.

No comments: